****Deadline extended until 3/31/2017****
Submissions for the Inaugural Airlie Prize are open to all poets writing in English, regardless of place of residence. A selection will be made by a team of Airlie Press editors. The winner will be notified in the fall of 2017 and will receive a $1000 cash award. The winning collection will be published in October 2018 in an initial print run of at least 500 copies, with a custom bookmark to accompany the book.
All manuscripts will be judged anonymously. Poets previously published by Airlie Press are ineligible to enter this contest. If you have a personal connection to one or more present or past Airlie Press editors, please indicate so in your submission note; those editors will be excluded from reviewing your manuscript. If unsure about your connection to the press, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Submissions are accepted via Submittable. Please remove all identifying information and acknowledgments from your manuscript. These details can be included in the Submittable entry form. Deadline extended: March 31, 2017. Entry fee: $20 ($28 if you would like to receive a copy of the winning book; $33 for submitters residing outside the US wishing to receive the book).
1. Manuscripts should be 48 to 90 pages of original poetry in English. No more than one poem should appear on a page.
2. Please be sure manuscript pages are numbered.
3. Please include a table of contents.
4. Please use a standard, easy-to-read font such as Times New Roman in twelve-point size.
5. Poems included in the submission may have appeared previously in magazines or anthologies but may not have been previously published in a book-length collection of the author’s own work.
6. Authors may submit more than one manuscript as long as no material is duplicated between submissions. Each submission requires a separate entry fee.
7. This contest is limited to single-author submissions. Translations are not eligible.
8. We accept simultaneous submissions, but ask that you notify us and withdraw your manuscript from Submittable if it is accepted by another publisher. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
To find out more about Airlie Press, please visit http://www.AirliePress.org